Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Onto Somethin'!

In my first post, I voiced my thoughts on how I feel that more fulfillment is received when others can appreciate what we have made than when the product of meticulous efforts is stored away in a corner. In exploring some of my favorite blogs that talk about crafty collections, I found that I really am onto something with this. One of the most recent posts from Jeremy Larson, a musician and the fiancée to the author of another staple blog (A Beautiful Mess), has a similar opinion. You should read his post for yourself that he wrote in regards to his newly released album and gives an affirmation of my assumption that it is a shame for an artist to never witness what their art may inspire in someone else. While he comes from the perspective of a musician, it is still the same concept. He does not feel fully successful as an artist until sharing his creation, establishing a communicative relationship between himself and the receiver.
Satisfaction from finding that agreement really has fueled my desire to see even more art culture in College Station. Fashion week was great and all but I feel a more unique, local feel could be achieved. Yes, this aspect of our community seems to be lacking but the more the creators here are put on display, the more I think that culture will develop into an increasingly distinct part of our area as people's thoughts become more conducive in this area. This means we need more "Jeremy Larson-minded" people for the crafty ones to get to shine brighter in this college town!

1 comment:

  1. Cassady, Nice post. I like how you linked your observations with another blog. I've even read A Beautiful Mess before. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete